In its 2012-2017 Strategic Plan, the Ministère de la Famille introduced and supported the implementation of a single window access to childcare services called
La Place 0-5, to simplify the process for parents seeking childcare services.
Since November 2015, parents have been able to use La Place 0-5 to register their children with any of Québec’s childcare centres and subsidized day care centres.
As from June 18, 2018, recognized home childcare providers (HCPs) may also join La Place 0-5 and have until September 1, 2018, to do so.
A project with many benefits for HCPs
- A marker showing the location of HCP on the La Place 0-5 childcare locator map.
- Enhanced visibility among parents seeking childcare services.
- Access to a simple tool through which can be displayed the number of available spaces.
- Access to a showcase, similar to the one for childcare establishments, in which can be described the services they offer and any special features.
- While maintaining their ability to choose their own customers.
All Québec’s recognized childcare providers in the same place
- Beginning on June 18, 2018, parents are able to view all recognized childcare providers in Québec on the La Place 0-5 service locator map (childcare centres, day care centres and recognized home childcare providers).
- From June 18 to September 1, 2018, all home childcare providers and non-subsidized day care centres will gradually register at La Place 0-5. The services available to HCPs are free of charge for that period.
- As from September 1, 2018, all recognized childcare providers (childcare centres, day care centres and recognized home childcare providers) must have registered at La Place 0-5 and must use only the single window registrations by parents to fill their spaces.
La Place 0-5 will be the only access point for parents to register their children with a recognized childcare provider in Québec.
Top of page