The profound changes that have marked Québec society since the creation 25 years ago of the network of educational childcare establishments (SGEEs) have increased and made more complex the needs regarding childcare services.
To meet the needs of Québec families now and in the future, collective reflection is required on how to make the network of SGEEs more efficient and accessible.
Until June 17, 2021, the ministère de la Famille is conducting a broad consultation aimed at identifying potential solutions. It will be based on this
This consultation is taking place in different stages to reach the population groups concerned:
- An online consultation aimed at all members of the general public (April 28 to May 26, 2021)
- From May 25 to June 2, 2021
- Addressed to representatives of organizations, associations and partner groups of the SGEE network in the following regions:
- Bas-Saint-Laurent and Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine – May 25
- Laval, Montréal, Montérégie – May 26
- Laurentides, Lanaudière, Outaouais – May 27
- Centre-du-Québec, Estrie, Mauricie – May 28
- Chaudière-Appalaches and Capitale-Nationale – May 31
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue and Nord-du-Québec – June 1
- Côte-Nord and Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean – June 2
Consultation of the municipal sector
- June 4, 2021
- For municipal elected officials
Special consultation with Indigenous communities
- On June 10, 2021
- Addressed to the Indigenous nations and organizations that are signatories to a delegation of powers agreement with respect to educational childcare services, management of Indigenous childcare services and Indigenous civil society organizations
Consultation of Québec-wide organizations
- June 16 and 17, 2021
- Addressed to the Ministry’s principal partners, including the Québec-wide SGEE associations, the unions representing SGEE staff, Family Community partners, the municipal sector and the business community
The receiving of submissions has ended.
The Minister of Families will study all submissions and make public those from organizations having agreed to their distribution.
Top of page