The Prix Ensemble contre l'intimidation (Together Against Bullying Award), presented by the Government of Québec, honours a person, an organization, a school service centre or a school board that have stood out for their actions and involvement in their community to prevent and fight bullying. The actions taken must have significant scope and serve as an example for others.
The objective is to mobilize the public in order to encourage such actions,whether big or small, so that more and more Quebecers, including both young people and seniors, do their part to create and maintain healthy and safe environments, free from bullying.
In this context, the actions rewarded seek to empower individuals and communities to both prevent and counter bullying.
More concretely, these actions must focus on:
- cultivating respect for differences;
- promoting good citizenship and prosocial behaviours everywhere, including cyberspace;
- sharing a safe and inclusive public space;
- supporting victims and their close relations;
- encouraging witnesses to take action to put a stop to bullying;
- getting persons who commit acts of bullying to own and take responsibility for their actions.
Top of page