2018-2023 Action Plan,
A Québec for All Ages, is the second Government action plan under the policy for active ageing,
Aging and Living Together, At Home, In One’s Community, In Québec.
It contains 85 concrete measures:
- to help seniors participate in their community
- to help seniors remain healthy as they grow older in their community
- to create healthy, safe, welcoming environments for seniors
Investments totalling $12.3 billion will be made to carry out the Action Plan, in conjunction with 20 Government departments and public agencies.
The Québec Government’s approach to and resources for active ageing are designed to act as levers in building a society that is fair to every generation, where age is not an obstacle and where seniors feel respected, involved and valued.
To achieve this, the Québec Government has identified five priorities for action:
- Increase support for municipalities, to assist them in their efforts to adapt to an ageing population.
- Improve support for local and regional organizations that encourage seniors to participate in society and help improve their quality of life.
- Intensify initiatives to acknowledge, support and assist caregivers of older adults.
- Increase the number of people who receive home support services and intensify the services so that they respond more fully to the needs of seniors.
- Create new spaces for reflection and joint action on the part of the stakeholders concerned by the challenges posed by population ageing.
Top of page