Educational childcare services have a triple mission:
- see to the well-being, health and safety of the children entrusted to them;
- offer them a suitable living environment to stimulate their development on all levels, from birth until they start school;
- prevent the subsequent appearance of difficulties in learning, behaviour or social integration.
A quality childcare service is capable of recognizing and responding to the children's needs. This is also a service that intervenes with children, accounting for their development level. One or more adults work as a team with the parents of the children who attend it.
The following are the main dimensions of quality childcare:
- the quality of the interventions;
- your interaction with the children, …
- the continuity between the family and your childcare service, namely the collaboration and the constructive relationships you establish with the parents to provide quality service to the child.
- the quality of the premises, i.e. the extent to which the layout corresponds to the children's interests and needs and stimulates their development by giving them direct access to varied appropriate and safe material;
- the quality of the activities, i.e. the organization of the schedule, the planning of activities and the activities integrated into the services, including the regularity of the basic schedule, the possibility for the children to make choices, and the variations of the modes of supervision of children.
Top of page