The Ministère de la Famille updated the Educational Childcare Regulation (ECR). This amendment became necessary following the adoption, in 2009, of the Act respecting the representation of certain home childcare providers and the negotiation process for their group agreements and the adoption, in 2010, of the Act to tighten the regulation of educational childcare.
This exercise had the following objectives, in particular:
- clarify certain obligations of childcare providers;
- strengthen the provisions concerning children's health and safety;
- clarify the rights and obligations of a home childcare provider and the Home Childcare Coordinating Office;
- strengthen the quality of home childcare;
- ease certain requirements to respond to the requests of parents and the partners of the educational childcare network.
The amendments to the ECR came into force on April 1, 2014. Information sessions have been organized to inform the various childcare providers about the amendments.
For any questions, your are invited to contact your Home Childcare Coordinating Office.
Top of page