The calculation tool "Additional contribution to anticipate for subsidized childcare services" allows parents to estimate the total amount of the additional contribution per pay period. This allows them to estimate the amount they should set aside in each pay period to avoid having to pay the total amount of the additional contribution when they file their income tax return.
The parents then will be invited to:
- save the amount of their additional contribution;
- ask their employer to increase the amount of Québec income tax deducted at source.
To do this, parents must complete one of the following forms and submit it to their employer: Source Deductions Return (TP-1015.3), or Request to have additional income tax withheld at source (TP-1017).
These forms are available on the Revenu Québec website or from the calculation tool "Additional contribution to anticipate for subsidized childcare services".
- increase the amount of their instalment payments, if they are self-employed.
The additional contribution is calculated at the end of the year, when the income tax return is filed. It accounts for the parents' financial position as a whole. It is therefore recommended that the parents review their planning when an event occurs during the year that could change the total amount of their additional contribution.
Here are some examples of events that could change the amount of the additional contribution:
- the child enters school;
- the move from a subsidized childcare service to a non-subsidized childcare service;
- change of conjugal status;
- change of family financial position.
For more information, parents can visit the
the Revenu Québec website.
Top of page