In November 2014, the Gouvernement du Québec undertook the review of the Subsidized Childcare Program.
Changes were proposed to three components:
- review of the contribution disbursed by the parents;
- optimization of funding of childcare services;
- review of the conditions for creation of reduced-contribution spaces.
Major objectives were sought:
- ensure the sustainability of the reduced contribution program.
- restore the share assumed by the user parents.
Certain measures related to the review of the Subsidized Childcare Program are conditional on amendment of the Educational Childcare Act. This is why they will take effect once Bill 27 is adopted.
Top of page