As part of its mission to promote the quality of educational childcare services, the Ministère carries out inspections and investigations aiming to ensure the compliance of childcare centres, day care centres and home childcare coordinating offices with prescribed standards. The Ministère pays special attention to the health, safety and well-being of the children. The verifications aim to check compliance with the Act and regulations, including the following elements:
- Compliance with standards related to the health, safety and well-being of the children;
- The number of children per childcare staff member;
- The qualifications of the childcare staff;
- Verification that no impediment exists for staff members;
- Passing of the first aid course;
- Accesses to the premises, permits and outdoor layout;
- Apparatus and equipment in the play areas;
- Medications and their administration;
- Cleanliness, sanitation and safety of the premises;
- Storage of toxic and maintenance products;
- The content of the registration cards and attendance cards;
- List of emergency telephone numbers;
- The rules governing payment of the basic contribution.
Policy for inspection of recognized childcare services and childcare coordinating offices
The Ministère has adopted an
inspection policy that aims to ensure:
- The health, safety and wellbeing of the children who attend the childcare services;
- Quick and sustainable compliance of childcare centres, day care centres and home childcare coordinating offices under a framework for consistent and fair interventions;
- The quality of the Ministère's interventions.
Out of a concern for information, transparency and continuous quality improvement, the Ministère has chosen to make accessible the results of the health and safety inspections conducted in childcare centres and day care centres. These results will allow you to better know the educational childcare services that interest you. You can access this information using the
Childcare Establishment Locator.
Top of page