If you child is over 5 years of age and does not have access to childcare in school, the child may attend a childcare service and be eligible for the reduced contribution.
The parent who benefits from a reduced-contribution space for childcare of a school-age child is entitled to a maximum of 200 days of childcare within the school calendar.
- For regular class days (approximately 180 days):
- to a maximum of 5 hours per day, between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.;
- to educational material.
- For pedagogical days (20 days per year):
- to a maximum of 10 hours per day, between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
The childcare services may charge additional fees for the following:
- additional hours;
- hours outside the time periods indicated above;
- meals and snacks.
Procedure for obtaining a reduced-contribution space
- Address the school administration to obtain a certificate that your child cannot benefit from childcare in school.
- Then apply to a childcare centre (CPE), a subsidized daycare centre, a home childcare provider or a Home Childcare Coordinating Office. The childcare provider or the Home Childcare Coordinating Office, as the case may be, will process your application and ensure you are eligible for the reduced contribution.
Top of page