If a first call confirms your interest in a childcare service and you want to visit it or are invited to visit it because a space is available, here are some points on which to focus your interest:
- Are the premises clean and well laid out?
- Are the toys clean and are there enough of them?
- Are the proposed activities interesting and appropriate for the different age groups?
- Is the menu balanced and varied?
- Do the premises seem safe?
- Is there a backyard? Is it safe and well laid out?
Also meet the educator or the home childcare provider and the people who may come into contact with your child. Ask yourself some basic questions:
- Do these people inspire your confidence?
- In the case of a recognized childcare service, do the people in contact with your child have an attestation establishing that no impediment exists?
- What is the training or what are the qualifications of the educator or the home childcare provider?
- In the case of home childcare, verify what other people could come into contact with your child.
For more information, see the following document:
Top of page