The Inspection Policy
The Ministère de la Famille has adopted an Inspection
Politique d’inspection des prestataires de services de garde reconnus et des bureaux coordonnateurs de la garde en milieu familial (Policy for recognized childcare service providers and Home Childcare Coordinating Offices).
- presents the scope of application and the legal framework on which the interventions of the Ministère de la Famille are based;
- establishes the guiding principles that guide the inspectors in their mandate of monitoring, control and regulation;
- sets out values to which inspectors must subscribe in the course of their duties;
- states the confidentiality of the personal information collected during the inspection;
- describes the inspector's powers, the general cycle of an inspection, the process, the steps of an inspection, and the measures and penalties applicable to childcare service providers;
- specifies the roles and responsibilities of the different players concerned by the inspection process.
- childhood centre (CPE) or day care centre permit holders;
- the bodies approved as Home Childcare Coordinating Offices;
- the home childcare providers (HCP) recognized by a Coordinating Office;
- the inspectors and staff of the Ministère de la Famille.
Top of page