Several factors are involved in children's health and safety, particularly diet, daily care, hygiene, prevention of infections, diseases and injuries, and judicious administration of medications. Ensuring children's health, safety and development while paying special attention to all these aspects is a priority for recognized educational childcare services and the Ministère de la Famille.
The educational childcare services recognized by the Ministère de la Famille have a twofold mission:
- see to the welfare, health and safety of the children entrusted to them, from birth until they enter school;
- ensure the application of an educational program including activities that have goals:
- of favouring the child's comprehensive development;
- of gradually leading them to adapt to life in the group and integrate into it smoothly.
A recognized childcare service is capable of recognizing and responding to the children's needs. This is also a service that intervenes with children, accounting for their development level. One or more adults work as a team with the parents of the children who attend it.
Recognized educational childcare services are distinguished by:
- the quality of their interventions;
- the quality of their premises;
- the quality of their activities.
Top of page