Applications must be submitted within the framework of the call for projects. Applicants must submit their applications for financial assistance using the
form (English version will follow) provided for that purpose.
The application for financial assistance, together with all required documents, must be sent to the Ministère at
email@example.com prior to the deadline specified in the call for projects.
The date of receipt of the application is that on which the original signed digital form is received.
To be submitted for evaluation, the files must be completed, comprehensible and based on accurate data. In addition, they must include:
- The duly completed application form, including, in particular:
- a summary description of the applicant;
- a summary of the project;
- a description of the target clientele;
- the project objectives;
- the anticipated spin-offs;
- the human, material and financial resources required to carry out the project;
- a calendar of the phases in project completion;
- the presentation of a balanced budget.
- A resolution of the board of directors of the applicant organization, duly signed, authorizing the grant application, mentioning the service offered and indicating the person authorized to submit the application;
- A copy of the incorporating instrument of the applicant organization, attesting that it is a non-profit organization registered in Québec;
- A copy of the most recent annual report and financial report of the applicant organization.
Furthermore, the Ministère may, if needed, require any additional information or documents it deems relevant.
Only expenses directly related to carrying out the project’s activities are considered. The following expenses are eligible:
- Salaries (including employee benefits that are comparable to those normally paid by the organization for similar tasks):
- of the staff assigned to managing the project, without exceeding 10% of the total eligible expenses,
- of the staff assigned to carrying out the project;
- The costs of purchasing material and supplies intended exclusively for the project;
- The costs related to promotion and dissemination of achievements (production of promotional material, distribution costs, etc.) exclusively concerning the project;
- Travel expenses directly related to carrying out the project (the cost of transportation, meals and accommodation within Québec are not to exceed the rates in effect within the Québec public service);
- Rental of equipment (computer, electronic or other equipment) exclusively for the project, or the purchase of such equipment if it is shown to cost less than the rental;
- External fees directly related to carrying out the project, where the recipient does not have the necessary expertise (without exceeding 25% of the project’s eligible expenses in subcontracting).
- Any expenses related to activities carried out prior to the acceptance of the project;
- Any expenses related to the day-to-day operations of the recipient and its partners (rent, electricity, maintenance and repairs, insurance, bank charges, etc.);
- Any remuneration that is not directly related to carrying out the project, namely the salaries of staff assigned to the day-to-day operations of the recipient and its partners (bookkeeping, office, janitorial services, etc.) or to other projects;
- Any other expenses not directly related to the carrying out or promotion of the project;
- Any capital expenses;
- Any expenses related to the purchase of furniture or goods, including computer or cell phone equipment;
- Any expenditure related to the acquisition of audiovisual, photographic or recording equipment (e.g. television, Blu-ray player, camera, etc.);
- Any expenditure related to the acquisition of sports or recreational equipment (e.g. soccer balls, fitness equipment, musical instruments, etc.);
- Any expenses related to the organization of in-person conferences, conventions or seminars;
- Fines, legal fees or costs related to convictions for civil or criminal offences;
- Alcoholic drinks, tobacco and cannabis expenditures, liquor permits and reunion permits;
- Any expense related to debt financing or the repayment of borrowings already contracted or to be contracted in the future;
- Portion of the Québec sales tax, portion of the goods and services tax and other costs for which the organization is entitled to a refund;
- Cost overruns.
Top of page