The Together Against Bullying Financial Support Program is a flagship measure of the Action Plan.
Complementary to the existing government interventions and the interventions of its partners, the Gouvernement du Québec thus is adopting an additional tool to reach the different living environments and groups of the population that could benefit from the development or improvement of interventions adapted to their realities and their special needs.
The purpose of this financial assistance program is to support projects that can contribute, in various ways, to preventing and countering bullying and to improving support for victims, witnesses, close relations and perpetrators of bullying. Regarding the definition of bullying and the explanations of its characteristics and manifestations, see the Concerted Action Plan, on pages 12 to 17.
Among the different means that can be implemented, the Ministère de la Famille (the Department) wants to encourage initiatives that seek to:
- Act on the risk and protection factors associated with bullying by intervention strategies that go beyond raising awareness of the problem of bullying and promotion of prosocial behaviours (primary prevention). This choice is based on the fact that different actions directly related to awareness are already being conducted in the field, particularly due to the contribution of interveners in educational environments and community action players. In addition, several current and future measures included in the government action priorities ensure the achievement of raising awareness in the general public and the communities of the problem of bullying and the connected or related problems.
- Intervene with a special clientele or a specific environment.
For example, the program targets projects seeking to:
- Make prevention or intervention tools available to the public and the interveners of different environments (community, recreation and sports organizations, etc.);
- Adapt tools or practices to specific realities;
- Deploy new intervention practices or implement intervention practices based on current knowledge.
Top of page