To be eligible for the program, the project must:
- Have the purpose of preventing or fighting bullying or assisting the victims, witnesses, close relations and perpetrators of bullying.
- Be based on scientific knowledge or other relevant data;
- Prefer a positive and educational approach;
- Not substitute for or be redundant to government actions and responsibilities;
- Provide for a mechanism to direct people to the appropriate resources or support them, when the projected activities could affect vulnerable individuals.
Only one grant application per applicant may be submitted under this call for projects.
Any project presenting one of the following characteristics is not eligible for the program:
- The project consists of supporting the organization's overall mission;
- The activities have already been completed or are in progress;
- The organization plans to entrust the performance of activities to a third party;
- The activities are already funded by other government programs;
- This is a research project;
- The project seeks the production of goods or services for sale or solicitation of donations;
- It involves activities conducted outside Québec.
Eligibility of organizations
To be eligible for the program, the applicant organization must:
- Be a legally constituted non-profit organization, the objectives, activities and mission of which are compatible with the directions and objectives of the program;
- Have a
valid Québec Enterprise Number (QEN);
- Have its head office in Québec;
- Be directed by a democratically elected board of directors, the majority of whose members are persons domiciled in Québec;
- Have been active for at least two years.
In the final selection of projects, priority will be given to organizations that have not yet received financial assistance under the program.
The following organizations may not file an application for financial assistance:
- Private enterprises;
- Municipalities and regional county municipalities;
- Government departments or government and paragovernmental bodies, such as educational institutions and integrated health and social services centres;
- Police departments.
The Department reserves the right not to support the project of an applicant who did not honoured previous commitments during the award of a previous grant under any other government program.
Top of page