The guidelines, in short
Here are the 12 guidelines set out in the
Gazelle and Pumpkin framework, aiming to support the implementation of environments conducive to the adoption of healthy habits in educational childcare services across Québec.
- Give infants milk in a safe manner, in accordance with the parents' choices.
- Use educational strategies that promote the development of healthy eating habits, a positive body image and a healthy relationship with food.
- Provide a mealtime context that is conducive to healthy eating and the discovery of new food.
- Offer varied, highly-nutritional food to infants between 6 and 18 months old.
- Offer children between 18 months and five years old varied, highly-nutritional food in appropriate quantities.
- Exclude low nutritionnal value foods and drinks from the daily food offer.
- Prevent situations that may be a health hindrance.
- Offer various opportunities for active play throughout the day.
- Limit the time dedicated to sedentary activities.
- Encourage active play with fun, challenging activities.
- Play outside every day, as often as possible.
- Create a stimulating, functional, safe environment, both indoors and outdoors.
Top of page